- Promote high standards of achievement and ethics in interscholastic athletics.
- Promote better public relations and sportsmanship between schools.
- Provide educational opportunities, courses and conferences affecting the administration of high school athletics.
- Promote goodwill and fellowship among the athletic administrators of the state.
- Cooperate with and promote all activities of the Virginia High School Coaches Association.
- Cooperate with and promote all activities of the Virginia High School League.
- Recognize that the administrative head of the school is held ultimately responsible in athletic activities involving his/her school.
- Assist the Executive Director in carrying out the rules and regulations of the Virginia High School League.
VIAAA Statement of Purpose
The Corporation is organized exclusively for educational and charitable purposes, within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The specific purposes of the Corporation are as follows:
1. To promote high standards of achievement and ethics in interscholastic athletics.
2. To promote better public relations and sportsmanship between schools.
3. To provide for an exchange of ideas and a better understanding of the administration of high school athletics.
4. To cooperate, assist, and promote all activities of the Virginia High School League.
5. To conduct education conferences, seminars and lectures.
6. To grant scholarships to students on the basis of financial need and/or scholasti ability.
7. To conduct district, regional and state interscholastic athletics throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
8. To cooperate, assist and promote all activities of the Virginia High School Coaches Association.
1. To provide greater educational opportunities and courses for athletic administrators.
2. Working to increase the number of corporate sponsorships
3. Working to increase the number of VIAAA and NIAAA memberships
4. Supporting and promoting VHSL and State coaching education programs
5. Studying the VIAAA Annual Conference format
6. Ensuring the athletic administrators provide athletic programs that promote good sportsmanship for students
7. Establishing lines of communication with the membership, Virginia Legislature and/or local government agencies, coaches associations, and school systems.
Funding for the VIAAA's annual budget is derived primarily from dues, corporate sponsorships, and State Conference revenues.
All financial reports are published in the A.D.mission (the VIAAA newsletter) which is distributed to the membership.
- 19% Donations
- 9% Ways & Means
- 8% Confrence Class
- 19% State Conference
- 45% Dues
- 2% Awards
- 11% Insurance
- 33% Travel
- 13% Scholarships
- 16% Postage Supplies
- 25% Other Expenses