The VIAAA seeks the membership of every public and independent school athletic administrator to provide greater educational opportunities and courses for athletic administrators and effectiveness in promoting the educational value of interscholastic athletics in all Virginia schools curricula. Interscholastic athletics provides students with a lifetime basis of personal growth, as well as the development of work and leisure skills which influence their positive contributions to school and community.
Individuals interested in joining VIAAA click here to complete the questionnaire. Upon completion, you will receive an email from Final Forms to setup your VIAAA account.
- A.D. Mission: The three issues of the VIAAA Newsletter.
- Complimentary tickets to numerous state college and universities game (you must join by August 15).
- Accidental Death Insurance: $10,000 in accidental death and dismemberment insurance (24 hour coverage). VIAAA application must be received by September 10 for life insurance to be effective. Coverage is effective October 1 to September 30. Applications received after September 10 will not be covered under the insurance plan.
- The opportunity to participate in your state professional organization.
- We are a dual membership state. When you join the VIAAA, you are also joining the NIAAA and will receive benefits from both organizations. If you are a lifetime VIAAA member, we encourage you to join the NIAAA separately.
- Providing at the annual VIAAA Conference, college credit opportunities, staff development, leadership training classes and the CAA exam.
Types of Membership - WE ARE A DUAL MEMBERSHIP STATE (VIAAA & NIAAA)
ACTIVE: Open to all high school athletic administrators, assistant athletic administrators, coordinators of girl's sports, coordinators of student activities whose responsibilities include athletics, middle school athletic directors, and coordinators of athletics for school systems whose schools are members of the VHSL, independent schools, and middle schools. ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP FEES: Active Membership: Annual $125, Lifetime $1100
RETIRED: Any to open retired member who has been an active member of the association for eight years. RETIRED MEMBERSHIP FEES: Retired: Annual $30, Lifetime $300
LIFETIME: An option available to any active member or anyone who is qualified for active membership. This onetime fee is good for the lifetime of the member and automatically converts to allied or retired membership with the status change of the individual regardless of years of service. LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP FEES: VIAAA Lifetime Member prior to May, 2019: Annual $85, Lifetime $800
HONORARY: Bestowed on individuals nominated and approved by the Board of Directors.
All membership questions should be directed to Carol Callaway at firstname.lastname@example.org